FIRST OF ALL, WELCOME TO MY BLOG. CALL ME MR SANUH. IT'S NOT MY REAL NAME BUT THAT'S THE NICKNAME THAT I USE ON ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHY FORUMS AND SO ON. I AM ACTUALLY AN EDUCATOR DURING WORKING DAYS AND A PHOTO FREAK MOST OF THE TIME...HAHAHAHA...

AND THIS BLOG... WELL, EVERYBODY SEEMS TO HAVE THEIR OWN BLOGS FOR WHATEVER REASONS NOWADAYS. MY BLOG IS ALL ABOUT SHARING SOME OF MY PHOTOS, MY ADVENTURES, MY WORK...AND OTHER THINGS TOO.. AND BY THE WAY, THIS IS A DUAL-LANGUAGE BLOG. THE POSTS ARE GOING TO BE IN ENGLISH & BAHASA MALAYSIA.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR VISITING MY BLOG. DO FEEL FREE TO BROWSE THROUGH ALL THE POSTS IN THIS BLOG AND LEAVE A COMMENT OR TWO.

REGARDS;

MR SANUH - THE PHOTO FREAK CREW

Thursday, July 30, 2009

MY DIY MACRO LENS..90MM

I cannot deny that I was having fun making my 1st DIY stuff which is the 90mm macro lens! Actually, I used a 90mm magnifying glass, attached to the sp90mm lens hood with the double-sided tape. (See the images below).
After it was completed, I tried it with my tamron lens. 1st, the 70-300mm. The results were terrible. The mag glass didnt work well with the tammy. Then, I tried it with the SP90mm. The results were quite okay. All shots were hand held. (See images below) The downside of the DIY lens is the limited range between the subject and tip of lens. The lens couldnt perform when the subjects were more than 6/7 inches away.
However, I like the weight. I felt comfortable with it even though it is quite heavy. I have 3 Hoya close up filters and I planned to try them with the DIY lens and sp90mm. I wonder how the results would be like. In the meantime, feel free to browse through the images below.
For those who have the SP90mm, why not trying to make your own DIY macro lens...

No comments:

Post a Comment